The way decorators, print shops, and promotional product distributors sell and run their business is broken. InkSoft is fixing it by being the first to bring sales, marketing, order management, and production management into one platform.
We started InkSoft in 2009 when we decided there had to be a better way for businesses to sell printed products. Today, thousands of businesses use InkSoft to drive sales growth and compete in a better way.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for an experienced designer to join our growing product design team. Someone who has an appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem-solving to detailed UI and visual design.
Be part of a small company that is shaping the future of an industry, and making a real impact on the lives (and bank accounts) of business owners.
Who we are looking for:
- You have 5+ years of experience designing and delivering consumer or enterprise products in cross-functional teams from start to finish.
- You have shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You’re a great communicator and have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- You appreciate the latest design trends but can easily filter out what is and isn’t useful to your audience. You can look at your design solution and determine what is integral to the experience what are ‘bells and whistles’.
- You get nervous if you’re not sketching concepts, tweaking flows or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground.
- You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily.
- You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- You have a portfolio of visual and interactive application design work that includes process work with variations, rationale, prototyped interactive explorations, and lessons learned.
What will I do?
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product releases.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Participate in design critiques, presenting your work with variations and rationale, as well as feedback for others.
- Participate & conceptualize at a high level about product strategy and vision — not just visual ideas but what should we build and why.
- Be a leader within the Product Design team, collaborating with other designers to make their work and the whole team better.
- Work side-by-side with engineers to ensure your work functions as well in production as it does in your design requirements.
- Determine appropriate use of patterns as well as when to evolve them or leave them behind entirely (while updating our component library).
What skills do I need?
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. Preferably customer-facing commerce and/or product experiences.
- Ability to design experiences that people can access on desktop, tablet, or a phone
- Ability to rapidly ideate and produce multiple UX/UI concepts
- Ability to create beautiful high-fidelity mockups of your designs
- Ability to create prototypes using Principle, Framer, HTML/CSS/JS, etc…
- Experience building component-based design systems
- Experience conducting user testing and/or analytical research is a bonus
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Competitive compensation and an amazing 401K program
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fully stocked kitchen with a gourmet Coffee & Tea bar
- Catered lunches
- Dog friendly office
- MacBook Pro or 27″ iMacs at every desk
- Great location: Downtown Tempe, AZ near Arizona State University
- Frequent team outings like paintball, curling, Top Golf, movie nights, etc…
How to Apply
Interested? Shoot your résumé over to mwolf