What’s the opportunity?
InkSoft, the leading sales and production platform for the apparel decorating industry, is seeking a rockstar Product Designer to join our rapidly growing company.
This is your chance to join our fast-growing, fun, and innovative software company–and really make a difference! We value our team members and provide them with tons of tools and benefits to help them be successful in their jobs AND their lives.
Who we are looking for:
- You have 5+ years of experience designing and delivering consumer or enterprise products in cross-functional teams from start to finish.
- You have shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You’re a great communicator and have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- You appreciate the latest design trends but can easily filter out what is and isn’t useful to your audience. You can look at your design solution and determine what is integral to the experience what are ‘bells and whistles’.
- You get nervous if you’re not sketching concepts, tweaking flows or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground.
- You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily.
- You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- You have a portfolio of visual and interactive application design work that includes process work with variations, rationale, prototyped interactive explorations, and lessons learned.
What will I do?
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product releases.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Participate in design critiques, presenting your work with variations and rationale, as well as feedback for others.
- Participate & conceptualize at a high level about product strategy and vision — not just visual ideas but what should we build and why.
- Be a leader within the Product Design team, collaborating with other designers to make their work and the whole team better.
- Work side-by-side with engineers to ensure your work functions as well in production as it does in your design requirements.
- Determine appropriate use of patterns as well as when to evolve them or leave them behind entirely (while updating our component library).
What skills do I need?
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. Preferably customer-facing commerce and/or product experiences.
- Ability to design experiences that people can access on desktop, tablet, or a phone
- Ability to rapidly ideate and produce multiple UX/UI concepts
- Ability to create beautiful high-fidelity mockups of your designs
- Ability to create prototypes using Principle, Framer, HTML/CSS/JS, etc…
- Experience building component-based design systems
- Experience conducting user testing and/or analytical research is a bonus
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Competitive compensation and an amazing 401K program
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fully stocked kitchen with a gourmet coffee & tea bar
- Taco Tuesday!
- Dog-friendly office
- Great location: Downtown Tempe near Arizona State University
- Yoga and fitness benefits
- Frequent team outings like paintball, curling, Top Golf, movie nights, etc…
InkSoft is revolutionizing the way the print industry does business. We’ve created the only all-in-one software system designed to help printers manage the entire decoration process: from the sale to production to successful delivery to their customers.
We started in 2009 to provide a better way for businesses to sell printed products. Today, thousands of print businesses use InkSoft to drive sales growth and compete in a better way.
How to Apply
Interested? Shoot your résumé over to mwolf